Saturday, October 30, 2010

Talked to Paul

Dear Friends,

We've been lucky enough to talk to Paul twice from Iraq! Amazing what a phone and a calling card can accomplish! He's working the night shift and likes it.... only hard part is getting used to sleeping during daylight hours. I looked on his Facebook page only to find out that their post had been hit by mortar rounds right before he got to work.... not exactly what a mother likes to read. But he is trained and I trust God to watch over him as well as all our soldiers.

Just wanted to let you know the address I have in the right side-bar of this blog is the correct address for him, so I know he'd love to get cards and letters from anyone who has the time to write. He said he loves to hear news from home, or read clippings from the newspaper that you think he might find interesting. I thought that might make him homesick, but he says it makes him feel connected, so write away :)

I'm hoping Paul will post news and pictures soon. Thanks for keeping him in your prayers.

On another note, Harris, Aaron and I enjoyed a wonderful trip to San Francisco for the wedding of my niece, Jennifer, to Brian Campagna. What a beautiful bride, handsome groom and radiant couple! We all danced the night away. May God bless them and their marriage always. Here's a few shots:




Love, Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment